Tuesday, October 3

Welcome

Wow! Where do I begin? I’ve always been a creative junkie so to speak. For as long as I can remember I’ve enjoyed taking everyday objects and turning them into art, whether it was sanding down an old, discarded piece of furniture and giving it new life with a retro paint job or using cool beads to make a one-of-a-kind piece of jewelry.
However, the photography bug first bit me in 1995 when I cradled my precious baby girl in my arms and was bound and determined not to miss one iota of her quickly changing life. I followed her tirelessly around with a camera - desperate to capture all those incredible memories and expressions I was afraid I would someday forget. Did I mention the fact that now 14 years later and a mother of two wonderful girls – I still follow them around tirelessly with a camera? Thanks, girls (and hubby, too) for your patience and support of my passion. I know you must get tired of the flash and my relentless persistence of trying out something new.
I truly believe photography is a God-given calling and talent for me. Not only do I feel blessed to have such an amazing job that I truly love, but it is also a joy to be such a vital link to so many families. I get the privilege to watch children emerge from the womb and then grow into wobbly little babies, curious toddlers and precarious preschoolers.
I love to capture simple, natural and REAL moments. I encourage children to simply play and be themselves in a very relaxed, non-rushed environment. I want to help you remember your child as they were – whether it be cranky, pudgy, silly, curious or toothless.
I also must confess, I love children’s eyes – they truly are a reflection of the soul and they sometimes mesmerize me with their innocence. I guess that is the fuel that drives my crazy addiction to these toothless little wonders.
I thrive on unique backdrops – be it a rusty car, an old barn door, a giant tire swing, or a lime green retro chair. I get great pleasure out of finding just the right backdrop to help express your child the best.
It is my goal to make things as fun and relaxed as possible in an effort to get very real, original pictures that are priceless to you and your family for generations to come.
 
Blog Designed by Rita of CoffeeShop