Friday, October 6

Session Details

Photography sites

I shoot on location and in studio. On location can be anywhere from a park for a more natural setting to downtown Little Rock for a more urban feel - or anywhere in between those two. I use natural light and studio lighting based on my client’s wishes.

What can I expect during the session?

You can expect your session to be around an hour for studio photography.I like to take the necessary time getting to know your child and building a relationship with them so that they will trust me enough to allow me to peer into their heart and capture those amazing smiles and giggles that are so special to you.
Also, expect our session to be fun and full of energy! I have no expectations from your child except to laugh and play so that I can capture the very heart of your child. A session normally doesn’t go well when parents are stressed because the children feel this pressure and typically act out. I recommend explaining to them once what we will be doing and then allowing me to do the rest when they arrive.
I prefer to capture children as they are – “warts and all” so to speak. If they are fussy – let’s shoot that little lip quivering and those tears swelling up. I like to get things real and totally relaxed. However, moms, keep in mind that children are usually happier when they are rested and with a full tummy.

How should I dress my child?

Depending on your child’s personality and style you can choose solid colors or very subtle prints. I’ve found that jeans and a simple shirt are very classic, and they usually work well with just about any setting. I personally like to keep an outfit simple (focusing more on those big, beautiful eyes, of course). However, you can add a funky piece such as a bold, patterned scarf or hat to kick things up a bit. This is the style that I prefer the most.
Shoes are optional, but I highly recommend bare feet.
In sessions with more than one child, I suggest you keep sleeve length consistent and encourage similar colors for a more cohesive look.

Can I integrate special items such as a toy or blanket?

Absolutely and highly recommended! Feel free to bring along a favorite toy, that special blanket grandma made, a special “lovey” or other keepsake. This is what helps to make your pictures unique and special to you.

Above all, we want to have lots of fun in a relaxed setting while building beautiful, one-of-a-kind memories.
 
Blog Designed by Rita of CoffeeShop